To upgrade from 0.93 to 0.94 you can install the new release of the Windows programm "over" the old; there should be no need to uninstall 0.93 first. Just specify the same install directory as in the first install.
On the phone there is no need either to uninstall first; the Symbian installer will recognize that you want to upgrade and does the necessary steps automatically.The recognizer did not change from 0.93 to 0.94; if you have it installed, just leave it as it is.
With only fex exceptions, the improvements took place in the UIQ3 program; the work in the Windows program was mostly bug correcting and some cosmetics. You find many of the most useful improvements by going through the expanded chapter Card View.
The following is a list of important features and improvements of the 0.94 release of MoStacks from December 2008 compared to the 0.93 release of a few months earlier. (If you did not yet use 0.93, this list can give you at least some hints about interesting features of MoStacks.)
- There is a command history, described here, allowing to repeat commands quickly and easily.
- There is a mechanism called Values, described here, that can help to speed up data entry.
- There is a way to bring up a list of the names of all fields and controls of the current card, described here, also allowing access to the longer field descriptions - a feature that helps to make stacks self-documenting.
- Stack editing on the phone got better: You can change now many more stack, background and field features than before directly on the UIQ3 device itself, without a need for a "roundtrip" of the stack to the Windows program and back. See the (unfortunately not yet fully documented) dialogs for stack, background, and field info as well as some new commands.
- The Start View has new colums showing the date and time of the last stack modifications.
- The color for links in wiki text fields was changed from bright green to dark green; the bright green links were hard to read with certain UIQ3 themes. (For the future, a configurable link color is planned.)
- There are two new messages exitField and closeField for scripting, described here, that e.g. allow sophisticated value checks right after input.
- Whole and real number fields have now two "mini buttons" to the left that make number entry more easy, as described here.
- There are two new stack flags Open in full screen mode? and Open in landscape mode? (which only now make the two modes present since 0.93 really useful, because manually switching again and again for a stack that needs a certain mode becomes tiresome quickly!)
- There are a number of special wiki "links", described here, that allow you to specify links that dial phone numbers, start a new SMS, open a site in the WWW browser, and more.
- The send statement, described here, is quite simple, but basically introduces procedures/subroutines into scripting and therefore increases its power.
- The Dial field command is implemented now, connecting MoStacks with telephony and allowing stacks that complement Symbian "Contacts".
- The windows program can now, like the UIQ3 program, export stack content as an XML file.